Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 43 - Hot Videos You Can Create On Your Own (Part 1)

Everyone knows that video is really hot online. People LOVE checking out videos for entertainment, learn how to do something and even to be inspired.

So, it makes sense for your business or personal brand to harness the interest in video and produce some of your own. I recommend that you definitely do some personal videos, with you explaining your business, your heart, some of what you teach, etc... It's great for making personal connection.

This can really be as simple as setting up a YouTube account and recording directly through your web cam. Of course, you can always buy a Flip Cam and use some basic editing software to add some bells and whistles. But, don't wait till you have it "all together" to get started. Just do it!

In addition to the personal style videos, it's also great to create videos that create a good feeling about your product or service. Here's one I did to help spread the word about the Go-Giver Award ...


Believe it or not, with today's tools, it's easy for you to do something just as dynamic. Here's an online tool that empowers even the least creative and computer savvy among us to create very respectable MTV style videos from images and multimedia files.


Animoto can effectively be used to produce ads, inspirational videos, announce an event, raise awareness for a cause, give a special greeting or message for clients and even to produce book trailers, like the one I did here for Your Time Your Life.
Of course, there are still many times I want more personalized controls or the ability to easily mix in music and voiceovers, so I use my iMovie or Final Cut software. But for projects that I want to have this type of feel, Animoto is hard to beat. It saves me hours and even at the professional price (which I gladly pay for the ability to do full length videos in high definition without Animoto branding) it's a bargain!

I highly recommend you get started testing the waters by signing up for their FREE account HERE. Then, try putting together a short video using their stock images and music - just to get a feel for it.

Tomorrow, I'll show you an Animoto project I'm working on today and I'll give you some tips on how to easily make your videos look truly professional and stand out from others.

_________________________________

This Chart: For those who haven't been following, I created this daily chart for the purpose of communicating and tracking some of my more important goals - publicly. You can read about it in THIS EARLIER POST.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on those videos Thom!!!

Thom Scott said...

Thanks Erica! Seriously, ANYONE can do this. There's some tricks to make sure your videos look and sound unique (I'll get into that tomorrow), but from a production standpoint, Animoto makes it a breeze... really!