Thursday, February 04, 2010

Day 1 - The Wind At My Face



Have you ever made your intentions known publicly in a big way and shortly thereafter, it seemed like anything and everything was conspiring against you?

So went my first of 79 days! From computer files that weren't working right, to issues with our health insurance company to challenges with people that have never been anything but rock solid. It really felt like the wind was at my face all day long!

















I wasn't complaining, but I also didn't do the greatest job at adjusting the sails to harness the wind either.

However, in keeping with the wise advice of one of my mentors, Dr. Mollie Marti, I'm going to do my best to celebrate my small successes. On the list today, I shed a half pound, posted to this blog, called my Mom and even created this little updatable chart so I can make it easy for everyone to see how I'm doing at a glance... and, of course, all of my regular daily work.

It doesn't feel like much yet, but I know that I'll start building some momentum here. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to a new day tomorrow. It will be a fun one too! I'm a Panelist for Ken McArthur's JV Alert Live. I love being on panels and other forms of consulting from the stage.

Well, now off to do something else my wife, Jody, told me should have been on my list - SLEEP! Goodnight!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Todd Schnick said...

Good luck with this Thom. I will be following your progress!