Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Down to the wire

Extreme Business Makeovers 2008 kicks off tomorrow at 8:30 am at the Caribe Royale in Orlando. Which means ... I haven't had more than 2 hours of sleep a night for the past week.

It always amazes me just how many details there are in events like this. There are lots of parts that I don't mind letting someone else handle. But, there's a lot of it that I feel the need to be involved in from a quality standpoint. I'm not talking about if the food is good or the coffee is hot. That's not my focus at this event. It's things like ... Do we have the best video clip to use to set the mood and mindset for the next speaker? ... Do we have the right music to play during breaks so that we fill the atmosphere with positive attitudes and energy without trying to become a pep rally? ... Are the workbook materials going to help our participants walk out the door ready to apply what they've learned immediately?

But, I have to say ... it is very easy to get hung up on decisions concerning food and beverages, signs, name badges, graphics, etc... and lose track of the only really important item - making sure the "deliverable" of information and motivation surpasses all expectations.

Hey, look for another post tomorrow morning. I'm thinking about letting those who couldn't make it have a few sneak peeks throughout the day with a live stream from the event. If I decide to do this, I'll go ahead and post the times here.

Meanwhile, be blessed. I'll let you know afterwards how it all went.

Thom

No comments: