Monday, October 30, 2006

Action Breeds Success!

Only Through Action will Anything Happen for You!

That may sound obvious, but many people never get anywhere because they don't decide to act.

Some will over analyze a problem. They will over think it. Spending way to much time trying to find the RIGHT solution.

Sometimes the solutions aren't even that far apart. They are all similar and that makes it even more difficult. What do you base the decision on?

Don't FREEZE. Don't become paralyzed. Inaction will not get you anywhere. It is far better to begin before you feel you are ready... you can always adjust your course after you've started your new journey.

Here's an example...

Recently I was alerted by someone that there was a publication that was looking for Blog content to include on their web site ... I don't even remember exactly what it was for (A sign of being far too busy...)...

But all I needed to do was e-mail the reason my Blog should be included... What makes this Blog special? And then send it out to see if they will except it. Literally a 10 minute process...

Well my initial inclination was to put it off. After all, I didn't necessarily have the perfect reason in mind at the moment. So, I could just "do it tomorrow" when I might have more time to focus on it. Well, you and I know that would probably never happen as it would get buried under a ton of new stuff to do...

What did I do?

I acted. I immediately typed up that e-mail and sent it!

Was it perfect? No! Will anything come of it? Maybe, maybe not, but it might! And, now I've got a template that I can send to other web publishers who are looking for content in order to be featured on their sites as well.

You have to decide to Just do it! You may fail sometimes... maybe even more than you succeed. The action may not produce good results... But it will provide results. Even if you just learn from the experience, you sit in a better situation than you were yesterday...

Again, this doesn't mean don't analyze or judge anything. You have to know you're making a reasoned decision. You have to know all your options, but once you do, make the move. Start the ball rolling.

Motivation doesn't come first. You can't sit and wait to be motivated... Action comes first! Act and the motivation will follow...

So look at your challenges and opportunities, gather enough information to make a choice about the action to take, and then Act on it...

Action breeds Success...

1 comment:

Chris Bassoo said...

Posted by Chris Bassoo...I am so glad that I found this site...great information...thanks Christopher Bassoo